In Dota 2, Earthshaker acts as a raider or team fight initiator in-game. He is an extremely effective hero in close combat, thanks to his areas of influence of various strengths. Earthshaker can deal high damage to multiple enemies if he can wield his abilities. That’s why we wanted to prepare a Dota 2 Earthshaker guide for you.
We will examine all the details from Earthshaker’s abilities to his items. At the same time, we would like to share our experiences about Counter heroes. We think you will become a good player by mastering Earthshaker with our guide.
Finally, when you come to the last part of our guide, you can find Earthshaker’s tips and tactics. Now if you’re ready, let’s get started and take a quick look at the details of Earthshaker.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the Earthshaker?
Before we start Dota 2 Guide Earthshaker, we want to talk about the pros and cons. In this way, you can decide to read the rest of our guide.
- Fast start high damage in the early game.
- You can feed your teammates by launching early raids thanks to the quickstart.
- It has a lot of stun as it has a lot of AoE effects.
- Long animation times on ability use.
- It can be easily harassed in the lane.
- You may experience problems in the lane due to low mana.
Which Items Are Best for Earthshaker?
We used Earthshaker Dotabuff statistics while listing the items. That’s why you can trust the items we choose with peace of mind.
We recommend standard items as a start. You can find the full list below.
- Tango: This allows you to regenerate life in the corridor.
- Iron Branch: Grants +1 bonus to all abilities at the start.
- Clarity: We told you Earthshaker lives in controlling mana. Therefore, it would be advantageous to start the game with an extra mana resource.
- Enchanted Mango: You gain extra health and also a small amount of mana.
- Magic Wand: At the beginning of our guide, we explained that Earthshaker can be easily harassed in the lane. Because of this, Magic Wand will give your character extra health and mana restoration.
- Arcane Boots: Again, you should prefer these boots to solve Earthshaker’s low mana.
- Soul Ring: And again, an item that you should use to balance the mana resource.
- Blink Dagger: When we look at the details of Dotabuff Earthshaker, we see Blink Dagger as the most used item. It is an important item, especially for the use of the Echo Slam ability.
- Force Staff: It is a good item that adapts to Earthshaker’s mobility. It is also extremely useful for escapes.
- Aghanim’s Scepter: Allows Earthshaker to engage in battles with his Enchant Totem ability. This item will greatly increase your mobility.
- Eul’s Scepter of Divinity: Increases Earthshaker’s mana and also increases his mana regen. In this way, it can have a more active range of motion.
- Lotus Orb: Grants Earthshaker additional armor and regeneration. When activated, it removes the debuff from you or your teammate. It also has the ability to reflect all spells.
Dota 2 Earthshaker Abilities
Earthshaker’s abilities are often designed around crowd control. Although he is weak at the beginning of the game, he can make the moves that can win the match in the late game. That’s why you need to know what Earthshaker’s abilities are for.
By the way, before we get into Earthshaker’s capabilities, we would like to offer you a suggestion. If you are looking for more different heroes, you may want to take a look at our Dota 2 tier list article.
Earthshaker slams his totem on the ground and advances in a line. Deals damage by stunning all enemies hit. At the same time, Earthshaker creates an impassable stone ridge. Useful for dodging or cornering opponents.
|Mana: 125, 140, 155, 170||Ability: Target Unit – Point|
|Cooldown: 21, 19, 17, 15||Damage: 125, 175, 225, 275|
|Fissure Duration: 8||Stun Duration: 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75|
|Damage: Magical||Affects: Enemies|
The Enchant totem has additional stun mechanics that you apply on the enemy. You can stop the enemy for 1 second. And you save your team time. Don’t forget to hit the opponent as the Enchant Totem also provides bonus damage.
|Mana: 50/ 50/ 50/ 50||Ability: No Target|
|Cooldown: 5||Damage Bonus Duration: 14|
|Bonus: 100%/ 200%/ 300%/ 400%/||Attack Range Bonus: 75|
|Cast Animation: 0.6+0.5||Affects: Self|
When Earthshaker casts Aftershock, he inflicts additional damage and stuns on all nearby enemies. Teamfight is extremely useful for launching. At the same time, Fissure, Enchant Totem, and Echo Slam abilities become more deadly.
|Damage: 75/100/125/150||Ability: Passive|
|Radius: 300||Stun Duration: 0.6/ 0.9/ 1.2/ 1.5|
|Damage: Magical||Attack Range Bonus: 75|
|Damage Talent: 125/ 150/ 175/ 200||Affects: Enemies|
Echo Slam creates a traveling wave on the ground and deals damage to enemy units. Likewise, each enemy hit deals damage to a nearby enemy through the echo. To use the Echo Slam, you need to be very well positioned. If you enter Teamfight in a good position, you can definitely win the game.
|Mana: 145/ 205/ 265||Ability: No Target|
|Cooldown: 150/ 130/ 110||Damage Bonus Duration: 14|
|Base Damage: 100/140/180||Echo Damage: 70/90/110|
|Radius: 600||Affects: Enemies|
You may need to login to Earthshaker Dotabuff page for popular talent selections. You can easily choose talents on the pages prepared based on the most up-to-date statistics.
|-1.5s Enchant Totem Cooldown||25||+200 Aftershock Range|
|+320 Fissure Range||20||+40 Echo Damage|
|+50 Aftershock Damage||15||+50% Enchant Totem Damage|
|+80 Fissure Damage||10||+30 Base Damage|
Dota 2 Earthshaker Skill Order
You can view the most popular Earthshaker skill options in the image below.
How to Play Earthshaker?
Now let’s come to the point you are really curious about. How to play Earthshaker and what are the better playing tactics. We would like to make a quick introduction to the subject without making you wait too long. Let’s start.
The first thing you need to know is to become advantageous in the Hero selection screen. That’s why you need to know which heroes Earthshaker is strong against and which ones are weak against.
- Death Prophet
- Earth Spirit
- Chaos Knight
- Legion Commander
Earthshaker Tips, Tactics and Strategies
The final topic of our Dota 2 Earthshaker guide will be strategies. The knowledge you will learn here has been practiced and tested by professional gamers. If you want to play at least as well as them, you must master the details of Earthshaker. Now, step by step, we will list the strategies you need to perform in a match.
- Let’s say you’re playing Earthshaker alongside a carrier. You should definitely allow the carrier with you to get gold. Because Earthshaker doesn’t need powerful items to carry.
- When you start getting harassed in the 2nd lane, you must be on your guard at all times. Immediately use the “Fissure” ability when a move is made against your carrier or you and drive the opponent away.
- If your opponent is playing passively, on the contrary, you can still poke the enemy by using Fissure.
- If you have reached the middle levels of the game, you can now raid other lanes. Fissure is a useful skill for raiding your base skill. But remember, when you raid, leave the kills to your teammates as much as possible.
- Feel free to use the Echo Slam if Teamfight is going to happen in the midgame. If you see a crowd of enemies at one point on the map, immediately use the Echo Slam.
- In the late game, Earthshaker has only one goal. It is to start a team fight. If possible, you can defeat the opposing team using the Dagger and Echo Slam combo.
- Therefore, your goal in late game is to look for a suitable moment for a team fight.
We have been posting blog posts about Dota 2 and CSGO every week for a long time. In today’s article, we wanted to prepare a Dota 2 Earthshaker guide. If you like crowd control heroes in Dota 2, we think you’ll love Earthshaker.
If there is anything in our guide that confuses you or you want to add, please feel free to comment. See you next week in a new blog post.